Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Suicidal Tendencies: 13 [UPDATE: Cover Art]

Suicidal Tendencies are beating Black Sabbath to the punch by releasing an album titled 13 this spring ahead of Sabbath's tentative June launch.

Not much is known about ST's 13, other than the title, which is a double-meaning for both being released in the year 2013 and this being 13 years since they last Free Your Soul and Save My Mind in 2000. (Edit: Make that a triple meaning since it has 13 tracks).

The band has been allegedly "working" on new material since before I was in high school. I could have sworn the last update I read said there was SO MUCH new material, that ST would actually release four new albums. Really wish I could find this interview right now.... Oh well.

It really shouldn't take 13 years to slop together some funk/punk/metal songs, so my expectations for this are quite low, but I'm always willing and wanting to be pleasantly surprised. I'll give it a few spins but I'm not expecting much.

Anywho, looks like the album will be released on March 26 through the band's own Suicidal Records. Here's the tracking listing:


  1. Shake It Out
  2. Smash It!
  3. This Ain't a Celebration
  4. God Only Knows Who I Am
  5. Make Your Stand
  6. Who's Afraid?
  7. Show Some Love... Tear It Down
  8. Cyco Style
  9. Slam City
  10. Till My Last Breath
  11. Living The Fight
  12. Life... (Can't Live With It, Can't Live Without It)
  13. This World
What do you think? Will it be as good as some of their classic albums? Or will it fall flat on its face and everyone will laugh hysterically once the first song is released?

No comments:

Post a Comment