Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My Record Store Day Picks [UPDATED]

On April 20, Record Store Day will rape my wallet. Those of us who still appreciate physical media will be dropping unnecessary amounts of money on limited edition things we already have. Here's what I'll be keeping my eye out for.


As new releases keep trickling in, this list will be updated. I've noticed that every year there's an "official list" that's not terribly official. And there's always record labels who have unofficial RSD releases. Like two years ago Quicksand's self-titled EP was unofficially released for this holiday, but no one said anything about it.

Anywho, here's what I'm looking at so far:
  • At the Drive-In - Relationship of Command LP
  • Between the Buried and Me - Parallax I & II box set
  • Cave In - Until Your Heart Stops LP
  • Deftones - Live Volume 1 LP
  • Jimmy Eat World - "Damage" single
  • Placebo - B3 EP LP
  • Refused - Everlasting LP
  • Snapcase - "Steps" single
  • Silverstein - "Four Minutes of Being Cool" (not a huge Silverstein fan, I'm mostly just curious what this is...)
  • Touche Amore / Title Fight - split EP
Realistically, I will only find half of these, then decide I only really want one, then end up getting something that's not even an exclusive.

How do YOU celebrate RSD?

[UPDATE] Also, these from the official, final list.

  • Botch - American Nervoso 2xLP
  • Wire - Change Becomes Us LP

No comments:

Post a Comment