Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Seeking Books on Modern(ish) Punk & Metal

Books about the origins of punk and metal have been published to death. If I see another book about Black Flag or Metallica I'm going to puke.

I was wondering if any of my readers knew of any books about punk/hardcore/metal scenes after the 1990s?

Here are the ones I currently own:
  • Burning Fight: The Nineties Hardcore Revolution in Ethics, Politics, Spirit, and Sound by Brian Peterson (2010)
  • New Wave of American Heavy Metal by Garry Sharpe-Young (2005)
  • Precious Metal: Decibel Presents the Stories Behind 25 Extreme Metal Masterpieces by Albert Mudrian (2009)
  • The Book of Metal: The Most Comprehensive Encyclopedia of Metal Music Ever Created by Chris Ingham (2002)
  • HRVST: Death by Hendrik Thiele and Sebastian Thauer (2010)
  • The Anti-Matter Anthology: A 1990s Post-Punk & Hardcore Reader by Norman Brannon and Aaron Burgess (2007)
There has to be more books about there about modern/contemporary bands than just these! Tell me what I'm missing in the replies.

No comments:

Post a Comment